When it comes to cables for food and beverage manufacturing, humidity, moisture and chemical resistance are likely the first factors that come to mind when specifying a cable. While you can find many cables that satisfy those requirements, cables for the food and beverage industry must also support demanding automation and process control needs across a wide range of applications. That’s why it pays to work with a cable manufacturer that has a comprehensive lineup of products that can address a broad range of food and beverage industry applications and requirements.
SAB North America provides a large selection of cables that offer good flexibility as well as chemical and temperature resistance. They satisfy numerous requirements for the food and beverage industry’s diversity of applications such as food, dairy, meat, fish and baking and confectionery processing as well as bottling, packaging and pick and place equipment. Here are some common food and beverage industry needs and corresponding SAB solutions that will satisfy them.
- Precise positioning control for filling, capping and labeling. SAB servo motor cables, used in continuous flex and static applications, are offered in various combinations of power, signal, feedback and control configurations. Flexible servo motor cables are available in position or feedback versions with a copper screen.
- Reliable data transmission for processing control and automation. Our industrial Ethernet cables provide fast, reliable data transmission. Available configurations include CAT 5e, CAT 6, CAT 6A and CAT 7A for flexible, continuous flex or robotic use, and many carry PLTC ratings for tray applications. USB 2.0 and 3.0 versions are also offered.
- Chemical resistance from cleaning agents and detergents. SAB offers cables with a variety of jacket materials to withstand harsh operating conditions.
- Moisture, humidity and corrosion resistance. Our watertight, impact- and corrosion-resistant cord grips will create a tight seal with the cable to protect the connections. Materials include polyamide, nickel plated brass and stainless steel.
- Operation during extreme temperatures. SAB Besilen® silicone cables endure high ambient temperatures up to 180°C for continuous operation and up to 250°C for short periods. Certain cables can withstand cold temperatures down to -50°C.
- Installation in machinery and trays with tight bends and limited space. Our cables are manufactured with fine stranding for good flexibility and easier installations. Flexible control and tray cables with reduced diameters allow for use in confined areas and easy routing through overhead trays.
Ensure Food and Beverage Production Speed and Reliability
Automation and process control technologies are transforming the way foods and beverages are processed. When selecting cable for your systems and equipment, be sure to partner with a supplier with a broad range of products that both meet the latest power, control and networking technology requirements of food and beverage production while also having the ability to withstand flexing, washdowns and chemical exposure. SAB North America cable products satisfy all those needs, making them ideal for use in automated food and beverage production lines where speed and reliability are critical.
For more information about SAB’s lineup of cables for food and beverage production, download our brochure.