This June marks our 75th anniversary of providing machine designers in a variety of industries with quality products and custom solutions. What began in a small garage in Süchteln, Germany is now a global leader in cable manufacturing with 550 employees in over 100 countries.
Three generations of the Bröckskes family have guided and grown our company by maintaining a commitment to delivering innovative products with consistent quality and establishing partnerships with customers to solve their problems. In fact, every year we create more than 1,500 special products according to our customers’ requirements.
Thanks to this commitment and our core values — value-oriented action, loyal cooperation with staff members, suppliers and customers, as well as a sustainable treatment of resources — we’ve reached many milestones along the way. Highlights include:
- 1947. Founder Peter Bröckskes started the business building alarm systems.
- 1950s. Peter Bröckskes created a niche, producing thermocouple and resistance thermometers for measuring systems. Cable production began in 1958 with eight employees.
- 1960s. The company grew rapidly, opening two factories and a new office.
- 1970s and 1980s. SAB Bröckskes continued its success with high sales growth and expanded facilities and staff. By the 1980s, it was delivering to 45 countries.
- 1990s. The company transitioned from a wholesale business to a special solutions provider for industrial applications. SAB North America was established in 1999.
- 2000s and 2010s. The 2000s were marked by awards, certifications and further international expansion before the worldwide financial crisis. In 2010, the company further expanded its production capacities and formed several strategic partnerships.
- 2020s and beyond. Sabine Bröckskes-Wetten now leads the company with a focus on health management, structural changes and digitalization.
The Tradition Continues
Today under the direction of Sabine Bröckskes-Wetten, SAB Bröckskes is a globally recognized manufacturer of power, data and motion connectivity products. We serve a diversity of industry sectors and applications including, but not limited to, robotics and automation, medical devices, agricultural technology, transportation, food and beverage and renewable energy.
We help these industries innovate by applying our proven experience and ingenuity to develop new products and improve upon existing ones in collaboration with our customers. And, when a customer comes to us with a challenging application, our experts will analyze the special requirements or problems and find an innovative, efficient and tailored solution.
For more than 20 years in the U.S., we’ve maintained the tradition of quality, engineering innovation and problem solving that has made us a trusted name in connectivity. Whether you seek a high-quality cable for advanced machines and systems or a custom solution for a challenging application, SAB North America will deliver the optimum connection.